How is your 2016 going so far? I know it’s clichéd but I can’t believe how quick it is going. Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions? I didn’t make resolutions but instead chose three words to use as a focus. I was inspired by my trainer and fellow Small Business Owner Melissa from Evolution Health Services. She wrote a blog about Three Words. My three words are Plans, Prosper, and Hope. These three words will be my focus this year. Kind of like a compass to center myself if I lose my way in 2016. A new year is a great opportunity to make a fresh start either personally or professionally. What about financially? Here are some quick tips to help start fresh financially in 2016:
- Review your Private Health InsuranceIs it the best policy for you? Does it include things you use, or things you don’t use? Time to review it and ensure it is the most cost effective policy for your family.
- Consolidate your personal financePaying off debt can be hard; particularly if you have multiple loans. Consider consolidating your loans and getting a better deal on the interest rate.
- Ensure you are up to date with all Tax requirements.You may not realise but lodging your tax return can affect many things financially. It can affect your family tax benefits, child support payments, or loan applications. If you have an outstanding previous year, or haven’t lodged 2015 Tax Return yet contact me today.
- Start Saving for Christmas 2016.I know it’s only January and you may be still getting over Christmas 2015, but it’s a good idea to start fresh for this year. You could consider opening a Christmas club and depositing a small amount each week. Over the year small amounts add up and could mean buying that special present, or having a getaway like I plan to with my Christmas Club. Do you want more tips like these?
- I truly hope that 2016 is a prosperous year for you, your family, or your business. If I can assist you in 2016 please contact me.